Reftagger

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pick One Josh 24:15

Webster defines the word "Choose" this way;
1. To pick out; to select;to take by way of preference from two or more things offered.
3. To choose for imitation; to follow
Joshua is explaining to these children of Isreal that they had to make a choice, they had to decide, and decide they must TODAY. No more research, no more looking things over no more thinking about it, choose.
You can chose the gods your father's served on the other side of the flood, those false gods that brought about the flood and wrath of God or you can choose God the one true God, the living God, and have all of his blessings and benifets that he gives.
That sounds like a simple question, but you know the balance of history hung on that moment. Not only history, their very life, and we could go as far as to say their very destinies, or lives after death.
So it is today I look around and see many many in the valley of decision, still halting between two opinions, lets look at our options, and chose. It really can be put simply, chose life and live or chose death and die.
The choice however isn't as simple. Choices are very serious, and yet we are faced with them every day.
Choices Accept one and reject the other
There is no middle ground. When I said , "I do" to my wife, on May 29, 2004 I said, "I don't" to all other women. Not even looking. It is NO!
We either accept Christ or reject him,
Jesus said, in Matt. 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me, and he that gatheret not with me scattereth abroad."
If we accept Him we must forsake all others. If we chose not to forsake all others we reject Christ.
If we go by any other way than Christ we are the same as a theif and a robber.
Have consequences that can effect the rest of our life
Bro. Noel Scott said in a message once, "We must all someday sit down to a banquet of consequences." That should make us all stop and think, What will I have set before me to eat?
The choices I am making right now can effect the way the rest of my life turns out.
I don't always eat the healthiest of foods as you can see, it shows it is a consequence of the choices I make at the dinner table. That is just an example.
Lets apply that to other things,
I have a relative who chose to follow the drug culture and has literaly burned up their mind with drugs. They can't work, they at times don't even know who people really are. It is so sad. Choices have consequences.
It's easy to think, "That won't happen to me, I'm strong, I can handle it," but don't ever forget CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES
Choices Are unavoidable-
We face them every day, sometimes not quite as serious as those above but you can't get away from them. The scary part is they determine which direction you are going.
Today you have a choice, a serious choice, the most serious you will ever have, and may not ever have the opportunity to make again. Will I choose God or not, Will I accept his ways or reject him? Will I forsake my sins or forsake Christ? The choice is yours. NO one else can make it for you. No, neutral is not an option, by staying put you are making a choice, you are saying I am fine the way I am, I chose to follow my own way and reject the Savior.
Chose you this day whom you will serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment